Are you an experienced HR manager that is looking for a new challenge? Do you crave working with a dynamic, international and fast paced team? Then this is your job!
FutureWhiz Media B.V. (FWM) is the maker of successful online learning platforms Squla and WRTS. We create fun and accessible learning solutions by offering an online platform for educational games, where hundreds of thousands of children, parents and teachers interact. As we grow, we need to recruit, select and retain talent in every team as this is crucial to bringing our strategy to life.
As the opportunities for growth across FWM offer more potential than ever, we have an exciting opportunity for an HR professional to join our dynamic, international and fast paced team. It is a great job for an allround professional who loves to work with people with a passion for education and a drive to make our products better and more fun every day.
People that work here have a strong sense of ownership and connection to our products and services and -whereas in other companies HR is solely a staff function- at FWM you can also have an impact on the actual products that kids are using. This is not just any HR job, this is a job where you are an integral part of our company. You have the opportunity to participate in projects like our summer study and visit schools, join workshops in support of our strategy, join one of the teams in our back to school activities for some fun, or be a mentor at Jinc and coach kids.
“The best thing about our company is without any doubt, the people that work here. As the company grows, they grow alongside and vice versa. Our products and services reflect their authenticity, their passion and their autonomy to create impressive things children learn from. This is good energy you immediately feel when you enter the workplace”. Annette, HR Manager
This is a senior role where we are looking for an experienced HR generalist to join our team to contribute to building the organization and leadership in the most sustainable way possible.
Recruitment and selection is a strategic focus point and a critical activity, not just for the HR team but also for the hiring teams who are increasingly involved in the selection process. Next to hiring, you will have the responsibility for all other people-based strategic and operational activities including employee engagement, training, payroll, professional development and performance management to ensure these efforts support the company’s growth and bottom line.
- Be the primary point of contact for HR related matters, providing daily comprehensive HR consultation and advice;
- Oversee and manage an effective recruitment process attracting the very best people to the business consistent with our culture and values. You agree with the hiring manager on final selection to proceed with offer stage;
- Responsible for completion of payroll administration including monthly salary;
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance;
- Own the training activities: identifying training needs for individuals and teams. You evaluate and monitor the success of training programs for assigned teams;
- Have an impact on everything in regards to the employee engagement and in regards to scaling our organization;
- Continually improve efficiency and engagement in the workplace by establishing new approaches, policies, procedures and conducting periodic surveys in support of business objectives and strategy;
- Maintain a compensation/pay and benefits plan;
- Coach and develop managers to expand their people management capabilities and practices;
- Report to CEO and provide decision support through HR metric/data in the monthly FWM Operations meeting;
- Communicate and maintain trusted relationships within and outside the company;
- Ensures compliance with Employment and Health and Safety legislation;
- Manages HR related budget including salaries, training, hiring costs;
- Play an instrumental role in managing change in our organization from concept to execution and communication.
- 5+ years experience in HR generalist position. Strong operational HR experience and knowledge of Dutch labour law;
- You will have the ability to make decisions and work on your own initiative, as well as have a strong coaching and mentoring approach;
- You are driven, flexible and adaptable, you like to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment and enjoy working with a diverse team;
- You have expertise in change management, organizational development, training and leadership coaching and compensation topics;
- You have impeccable communication and interpersonal skills able to work together with experienced managers and experts and to quickly build relationships and connect with candidates and colleagues;
- To synthesize with the team, you must intrinsically value people, and be committed to their growth, improvement and development;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch both spoken and written;
- Experience with working in a tech or scale up company is preferred but not a must;
- HBO/Academic degree